The engine owners whowant E0 pure gas is usually because:
(1) They have experienced problems and/or engine damage from use of E10 and
(2) Engine manufacturer recommends E0 gas, and warns against use gas with any ethanol, (especially older engines).
To limit space we have not repeated the responses for the same exact engine. Example: "2009 Evinrude E-Tec outboard" was included in many petitions submitted, but we will only list it once. Responses sorted by engine type, manufacturer (alphabetical), year, and onward. See Fuel-Testers notes/comments at end.
Ethanol-Free Fuel Choice Petition is still active - Sign petitionhere:
2011 Ford F150 Ecoboost, 2009 Ford Fusion 2.3 Duratec, Ford F150 2005 V8,
2006 Ford Mustang 4.0L v6 SOHC, "5.4L 06 Ford, 2005 F150 - gas recommended by Ford is regular gas",
2005 Ford Mustang GT, "2001 2.2L Ford recommended fuel is E-5", 2002 ford 4.6,
2000 Ford F-150 5.4 liter engine, 1999 Ford Windstar 3.8 liter, Ford Windstar 96, 1993 Ford ranger truck, 1992 5.8L Ford F150, 92 Ford Pickup truck, 1991 Ford Aerostar, 90 ford f150, 1990 Ford 302ci, 1989 Ford f 150, "1988 Ski Natique Ford 351 Windsor No ethanol", 1981 Ford 351 Windsor, 76 Ford F250 460ci, 72 Ford, 64 Ford, 1961 ford starliner; Year not specified (Ford auto angines): ford fusion 3.0 V6,
- "Evinrude, 150 hp, ETec outboard engine, recommends non-ethanol fuel if available, up to 10% ethanol if available, and warns of hazards to engine of using ethanol containing fuel. Have had 2 catastrophic engine failures in 5 years due to ethanol contamination". - List in progress -
briggs&stratton garden tractor 1999, 1950 Ford 8N tractor,
- List in progress - Check back again...
General Engine Type Description Comments:
- "All 6 of my vehicles are pre 2001. Lawnmower, weedeater, trimmer, leaf blower are 2 cycle."
- "…Almost everything I own runs poorly with this Ethanol added Motorcycles Lawn tractor lawn mower and even my pickup truck is getting worse MPG and seems like less power…" (P.P. Sanford NC 27330)
- Applies to ALL VEHICLES PAST AND CURRENT.
- "marine engines all years"
Other Comments submitted - Data about engine type:
* "2003 Nissan Sentra states in manual that oxygenated blends with more than 10% ETHANOL ARE NOT TO BE USED AND EVEN 10% BLEND IS NOT RECOMMENDED IF YOU CAN GET NON-ETHANOL GAS SINCE THE ENGINE, IT'S PARTS, AND FUEL LINES ARE NOT ENGINEERED TO WITHSTAND OXYGENATED GAS BLENDS (LIKE ETHANOL AND METHANOL BLENDS). FURTHERMORE, THE MANUAL STATES CERTAIN PROBLEMS THAT CAN OCCUR FROM USING ETHANOL BLENDS AND IN FACT MY ENGINE IS SUFFERING THESE PROBLEMS (stalling and hard to start when engine is at normal operating temperature). The manual urges that if these problems happen one should stop using the ethanol or methanol blend immediately, but unfortunately I do not have that liberty since all stations in my area and in all areas I travel through only sell ethanol gasoline blends..." (C.M. Altoona, PA 16602)
"1950 Ford 8N tractor, 1950 Pontiac Straight 8, 1964 F-600, 1969 Plymouth Barrauda, 1969 Honda CB750, 1978 VW Bus, 1971 Honda CB450, 1978 Honda CB 750, numerous small 2-stroke engines on weed wackers, gargen (garden) tillers, chainsaw, two outboard motors none of which can tolerate ethanol tainted gasoline" (C.C. Gardner, LA 71431).
"I have had problems with my gas powered drain cleaning equipment and generators at my plumbing company. I also have vintage motorcycles that have given me problems with floats sticking from swelling up and gas leaks that get quite scary when dripping on a hot engine."
"My 50hp Mercury engine will NOT run smoothly on E10 gas, and ,Now I can NOT find any gay without it!!!"
"The lack of availability of non-ethanol gas for my airplane used in a rural area presents a serious safety issue, as aviation fuel may simply be too far away to safely obtain". (D.B. Mendon, VT 05701)
"I own an craft (aircraft) that is designed to run on Ethanol free mogas. I don't appreciate being told what fuel I should burn especially when there's proof that Ethanol has pollutants twice that od ethanol free gasoline."
Note: Fuel-testers rarely will correct any typos or misspellings submitted in petitioner's responses - Please spell-check before submitting petition and check email address - Plus, if email is not valid we will not include your petition in final report to be distributed to the EPA, ACE, RFA, key legislators and politicians, varied organizations or groups including petroleum/oil/gas industry, engine manufacturers...and more).
More Statements and Comments Submitted in Petition responses:
Note: These comments should not have been included in the engine type section; Petition offers separate space for general details and comments; But, since respondent included info under engine type, we will include it here too.
"E10 fuel has damaged my small engines, necessitating expensive repairs. E10 fuel has reduced my auto's gas mileage by 10-20%. I had chance to add pure gasoline to 1/2 tank of E10 and my mileage increased 10% by actual measurement. E10 is not saving on oil - the reduced performance and mileage more than offset the 10% reduction of gasoline in a gallon of E10. It is hurting - not helping the consumption of oil in the US." (C.S. Fort White, Fl 32038).
"The Government and American Auto companies need to quite make Gas Sucking SUVs. Or Make SUV Hybrids that get 48 to 54 mpg combined mileage like a Toyota Prius..." (A.B. Farmington Hills, MI 48335).
"The Ethanol clearly doesn't help the consumer at any level. Although I do agree with alternative fuels, this ethanol is not any good. NOT only is it a waste of regular gas (takes 2 gallons of regular unleaded to make 1 gallon of ethanol fuel) it also damages engines and the consumers don't want this crap. Please do the right thing." (S.C. Orlando, FL, 32822)
"I strongly agree that everyone should have a choice in this matter. If we really lived in a democracy, the people of this country would be able to vote on this issue and not get it rammed down our throats by politicians." (G.P. Mesquite, Texas 75150)
Other Interesting Comments:
"Additional $300 of fuel system related maintenance since 2009 per year. Additional documented $780 per year of added fuel consumption due to lower gas mileage…" (AZ, Debary FL 32713)
The broad range in engine types/models listed by petitioners certainly supports that non-ethanol fuel availability must be protected for the future. SIGN PETITION NOW: Web page address: http://fueltestkit.com/fuel_choice_petition.html
We know that many experience unnecessary problems with E10 gas solely because the gas sold was contaminated (over-blended above 10% alcohol and/or water-contaminated).
In other words, many of the engines listed should not have had problems with E10 - Especially newer autos that have been designed to safely run on fuels blended with up to 10% ethanol (legal limit).
Since laws and regulations that monitor the quality and percent of ethanol in gas sold are non-existent or minimal at best, we strongly encourage you to test gas to prevent unnecessary problems.
The responses received so far certainly support that the rising ethanol mandates need to be re-evaluated
Consumers must reclaim and defend their right to buy E0 gasoline everywhere.
We hope this preliminary information is helpful to you and others. Check back soon for more petition responses and results -
Note: When responder does not include model details, it's possible that we sorted result into wrong engine section. EG. Honda makes autos, motorcycles, boats and more - If respondent only writes "1999 Honda" we have no way of knowing which engine type it is. We have not taken the time to correct typos submitted...